Many people have scripted our self-talk, and the good news is we can re-script it. An affirmation is a statement of fact or belief (positive or negative) that will lead toward the end result you expect.
When feeding our minds positive affirmations the programming in our minds changes. Michael Phelps talks of this when he “goes to the video” each morning as he prepares to train. Professional athletes and business people have used the technique of affirmations for years to increase their performance and success.
Here are some examples of affirmations created by Robert Egby, as well as some I’ve created myself. Have fun creating some of your own. These will get you started. In the meantime, good luck and remember, think well and be well. I’m curious to see which one you will you choose for yourself today. Tomorrow, expect it to be different. (HINT: Jump to the bottom of the list for a great book tip that will help you to go even deeper with affirmations.)
- I am positive, confident and radiate good things
- I have energy, enthusiasm, and vitality
- I am totally relaxed and confident. When I am relaxed I achieve more.
- I realize that time is my most valuable resource, so I carefully use it on only what is important to me.
- I am a professional, respected person, fully capable of earning a professional, respected income.
- I attract success into my life. I deserve everything that success brings.
- I really am very special. I like who I am and I feel good about myself.
- I was designed and created, in body and mind, to achieve.
- I am a person of quality and strength. I deserve success.
- I always look for ways I can get something done instead of finding reasons why I cannot.
- I always listen to those around me and work to understand their needs.
- I enjoy showing others the best of themselves. I always accept them at their best.
- I have strength, absolute determination, and limitless endurance in the pursuit of my goals.
- Things for me are calm, cool, smooth, and easy.
- Every day, in every way, I feel better and better.
- I need to recover and rest. Everything else can wait.
- I am calm and confident. I have the quiet self-assurance of winning in my life.
- I have inner peace. I am living my life in a positive and worthwhile way.
- I have purpose and value in my life. I love who I am and I enjoy being me.
- I stand in my own truth.
- I love and accept myself completely as I am.
- I fully love, trust, and accept myself.
- I plan for the possibilities.
- I am intelligent. My mind is quick and alert and clever and fun.
- I am strong, healthy, and full of energy.
- I am not alone. I have supports all around when I open my eyes and just take a look.
- I think good thoughts, and my mind makes things work right for me.
- I am able to see a precise picture of exactly what my goals are in everything I do and what I must do to achieve each of them.
- Make it fun gets it done. – Jon Acuff
- When I am pleasing everyone, I am not honoring my truths.
- I breathe in life and love and exhale all that no longer serves me.
- Because winning takes energy, good health, and a strong, positive attitude, I make sure that I keep myself fit both mentally and physically.
- I speak, think, and act from a place of grace and gratitude.
- I take full responsibility for everything about me, even the thoughts I think.
- I always visualize myself being at my absolute best in every part o my personal/professional life.
- I accept where I am and all thing that brought me to this moment.
- I learn from everything I do and everyone I meet.
- I am filled with divine confidence to act.
- I listen and pay attention to the signs and symbols around me.
- My mind is clear and alert. It is capable of meeting any challenge I place before it.
- I have excellent powers of concentration. I attune all my senses to the subject at hand, and I am able to focus my attention more and more easily each day.
- My body, heart, and mind speak to me. I listen with trust and a deep sense of knowing.
- I have more money than I will ever need.
- I allow the highest to occur in my life and I embrace it.
- I am creative. I like to find new and interesting ways to do things in my life.
- Every day, something new and interesting happens in my life.
- I like myself and I like my goals. I am moving forward in my life.
- You may want to get yourself a copy of Louise Hay’s book, Heal Your Body A-Z. In addition to having beautiful artwork, each page is structured with three columns:
- Ailments which are listed from A-Z
- An explanation of what’s happening in your subconscious as a result of your ailment
- An Affirmation that aids in creating a Shift in your mindset set, which will aid to rid the body of the ailment.
Pingback: #6 Don't Limit Yourself - Shift for Wellness
Pingback: #9 It's Not About the Illness - Shift for Wellness